Emacs 20.4

I've noticed a problem with GNU-Emacs 20.4 on my Potato
installation....

When running inside X windows (using latest GNOME and Enlightenment
is WM) the DEL key and the deletechar key are mapped to the same key
symbol.

(sorry if I use the wrong terms - I don't really know how emacs deals
with key tables)

This is dashed inconveniant... it's strange though because it's fine
outside of X.

It would be great if someone could do me a favour and test this on
their system to see if they get the same problem... if it's a problem
I can find out how to fix it.

Thanks very much.

Nic Ferrier