deselect problems...

Ok, I tried to install mpeg123, and gqmpeg.  Since I am running potato,
when I went to dselect this stuff (2 days ago) it ran into problem
becuase it couldn't find gnotepad.  Now everything seems messed up and
I have no idea how to fix these dependancy problems.  In the past these
types of problems have worked themselves out, but this hasn't yet.  What
should I do?  Here is what dselect spits out at me.

-Aaron Solochek
 leko@cmu.edu

Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Correcting dependencies... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  w3-el-e20*
  fftw-dev gnome-chess libgtkmm libmysqlclient6 libpgsql2 rplay
128 packages upgraded, 6 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not
upgraded.
1 packages not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B/52.5MB of archives. After unpacking 6682kB will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
100% [Scanning packages]
Configuring packages ...
/tmp/fileowrPWe: /usr/share/debconf/confmodule: No such file or
directory
E: Sub-process dpkg-preconfig --apt returned an error code (1)
E: Failure running script dpkg-preconfig --apt
Some errors occurred while unpacking. I'm going to configure the
packages that were installed. This may result in duplicate errors
or errors caused by missing dependencies. This is OK, only the errors
above this message are important. Please fix them and run [I]nstall
again
Press enter to continue.
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of gqmpeg:
 gqmpeg depends on libglib1.1.13 (>= 1.1.14-1); however:
  Package libglib1.1.13 is not installed.
 gqmpeg depends on libgtk1.1.14 (>= 1.1.14-1); however:
  Package libgtk1.1.14 is not installed.
dpkg: error processing gqmpeg (--configure):
 gqmpeg
installation script returned error exit status 100.
Press RETURN to continue.