Re: uninstall/reinstall

Your idea sounds good to me, but I'm new to apt having just
installed it last week. I do know, however, that dpkg -i
package-name.deb will replace the package and keep all the
dependencies correctly, so if you want to download the
actual deb file, you could do that.

Corey Edwards

Hi folks,

just some practical question.

Does there exist a simple mechanism to reinstall a package,
that might
broken by some error? If i use dselect, all dependencies
are also
and lots of packages might be removed.

dpkg -r --force-depends  XXX ; apt-get install XXX

do what i want ? (Don't like to check it, not to get in
trouble :-) )

Do You Yahoo!?