Re: kernel series v2.2 and new deb packages

*- On 31 Oct, Pere Camps wrote about "Re: kernel series v2.2 and new deb packages"
> Phil,
>
>> You don't need to install any glibc2.1 packages to run kernel 2.2 - I'm
>> doing it right now.  You just need to update some programs as per the
>> kernel documentation (best by compiling from scratch, imo).
>
> 	Yup, you're right. I didn't explain myself clearly enough.
>
> 	I have installing programs from scratch, and I found out that many
> of the program versions that are needed for v2.2 which are in the potato
> distribution need libc6 2.1 in order to run.
>
> 	I was just wondering if somebody had made a version of them that
> runs with libc6 2.0. Something like netbase_3.12-2_i386, which is from
> potato but is compiled to run ok on slink.

Try the Debs at the following apt URI

deb http://www.debian.org/~joeyh/ stable-update/

Or you can add

deb-src ftp://ftp.es.debian.org/debian potato main contrib non-free

to your apt sources.list file and build the debian binary using the
'apt-get -compile source <package>' method which has been disucussed
several times on this list(check the archives).

Brian Servis
Mechanical Engineering              |  Never criticize anybody until you
Purdue University                   |  have walked a mile in their shoes,
servis@purdue.edu                   |  because by that time you will be a
http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/~servis   |  mile away and have their shoes.