Could you tell me some answers please?

To: Mr. or Ms. expert,

Hi, How are you?
My name is Justin, a student at UMBC (University of Maryland Baltimore
County).   My major is computer networking track in Information System
and Analysis.  Recently, I was asked to survey about a specific
interesting related to network (in my case, the Linux system that is the
most interesting operating system) for my project in my class, so I made
some simple (I think), and easy questions.  I was wondering, if you do
not mind could you tell me brief answers below questions to help me?

1.  What is Linux?
2.  How does Linux system made?
3.  How does Linux system develop?
4.  What is the background of developing Linux system?
5.  How many people already know the Linux system?
6.  How different are Linux system software companies from each other?
7.  What are for advantages of using Linux system rather than using
Windows?
8.  What are for disadvantages of using Linux system?
9.  Do you believe the Linux system will replace the Windows?
10.  What is future of the Linux system?

Thank you very much for being helping me.