Re: files with extension tar.bz2

Of course the price you pay is a 25-50% performance hit(highly dependent on the CPU
MHz).  Personally I only bzip things that I don't often use, as the increased
decompression speed of gzip is worth the small loss of compression capacity.

For instance, tar Ixvf linux-kernel-source.tar.bz2 takes significantly longer (2-3x)
than tar zxvf linux-kernel-source.tar.gz on my dual PPro 200 machine.

Sean