RE: Re: make-dpkg error

----
(But I don't know how to conveniently get this version of gcc under
Debian.  I believe Alan Cox specifically disrecommended gcc 2.95 for
kernel 2.2.13.)
----

Ouch. Really?  I'd just finished compiling a kernel package (2.2.13) with no
apparent errors when I saw this message.  Were these problems at
compile-time or runtime?  Since my compilation seems to have been
error-free, I hope the former.  Basically, should it be safe for me to use
the kernel if it compiled without any obvious problems?  I'm using the
latest (last night's) gcc (gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)).

Thanks,

-Chris

FREE Email for ALL! Sign up at http://www.mail.com