Re: xemacs font problem

On 29/10/99 Micha Feigin wrote:

I just moved to a new apartment. When i restarted linux I got a message
that the system hasn't been shut down properly, and that there were some
bad inodes.
When i tried to start emacs i got a message that it can't get any usable
font, and it seg faulted. It worked fine before that.
I tried to install xfs again, and i installed the last version of xemacs21
(i had the one before last) but it didn't help.
The full error message  i got:
Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion
Warning: Unable to load any usable fontset

check the lost+found directory of whatever filesystem it was that was corrupted, if there are lots of files there I bet they are the missing fonts, though probably with the name being their inode number :(

I had some filesystem corruption on my old redhat box yesterday, parts of pam were moved to /lost+found and my /etc/rc.d/rc6.d was changed to a ordinary file and all its contents were orphaned to /lost+found. its a mess when this type of problem happens...

its probably easier to just reinstall the affected packages.

Best Regards,
Ethan Benson
To obtain my PGP key: http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/pgp/