Slashdot colours (was Re: Debian Linux vs BSD)

Quoting Onno (ebbin200@tech.nhl.nl):
[...]
> >In order:
> >
> >http://www.daemonnews.org/199909/freebsd.html
> >
> >http://slashdot.org/askslashdot/99/10/17/2317202.shtml
> >
> >http://slashdot.org/search.pl?topic=bsd
> >
> >Let me know what you think of it,

I frequently see references to Slashdot here, and when I point my
browser at them, the page is always rendered in grey/dark grey on
black. Am I doing something wrong?

My usual workaround is (because I run netscrape with -install)
to move my mouse out of the ns window so that the ns colours change
to a fairly random combination of other colours. However, today
that random selection gives me, in place of dark grey on black,
light grey on green so I still can't read the text (and can
barely read the links). Any advice?

Cheers,