Re: Firewall hinders access for IRC

At 01:56 PM 10/29/99 +1300, zdrysdal@diagnostic.co.nz wrote:
Hi

What needs to be done to allow my windows MIRC software to connect to the
internet.  I can access the Web via our debian proxy server via port
3128...but i am not too sure how to set up Mirc.  I take it i have to have
a connection straight to the firewall as apposed to the proxy server?  Will
there be any security issues ie. will a mad IRC'er be able to gain access
to my network through my careless connection?

thanx

What is your setup???

If you compiled IP-MASQ into the kernel, you could enable IP
forwarding and load de ip_masq_irc module. Be sure
to check your security though (ipchains).

Onno