Re: installation disaster (well maybe not complete disaster) (fwd)

to be able to boot win98 as 'default' again try running the command fdisk
/mbr

you should install a boot record on the partition where linux installed if
you wish to boot off of it(either directly or indirectly via some boot
manager like lilo, system commander nt boot manager etc) you don't need
this if you boot off a boot disk(not reccomended, booting from floppy is
DAMN SLOW) or you use loadlin (much faster!! although not as 'clean' as a
boot from the partition itself, as there may be a DOS TSR or 2 in there..)

nate