Re: Clock problems

On 27 Oct 1999, Robert Kerr wrote:
> Hi all,
> Whenever I boot to debian, my computer's clock gets set to some other
> time.  This morning I turned it on and all of a sudden it told me it was
> three hours and 45 minutes earlier than my alarm clock said.  I almost
> went back to bed.  Anyway, the only major thing I've done recently is
> install a new motherboard, CPU, and video card--nothing software-wise.
> Any ideas?

Have you got APM  compiled in the kernel? I was getting this problem and
it took me several days to find out that APM was resetting the time (and
date).

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux - Debian 2.1 (Windows-free zone)
Book Reviews: www.pentelikon.co.uk/bookreviews/

"It's no go the Yogi Man, it's no go Blavatsky." - Louis MacNeice