Re: OPL3-Sax

On Wed, Oct 27, 1999 at 09:59:02AM +0200, Rune Linding Raun wrote:
> hi !
> i got a laptop with a yamaha opl3-sax (ymf719) soundchipset
> system: deb 2.1 with kernel 2.2.13 amd-k6-2 333 128meg ram
> the problem is that 16 bit sound cant function at 44kHz
> if iam going to listen to eg mp3 :) i have to tell the player to sample
> in 22kHz otherwise it sounds really scambled and it looks as it get
> worse if i move the mouse or the hdd is active??????
>
> i cant see any dma/irq conflicts in my /proc and besides it works
> perfectly on 22kHz besides i got my laptop with winblows and it worked
> fine in 44kHz, i got this laptop for a year now and nobody seems to
> have the answer;not being able to get 44kHz really stinks :)

Take a look at http://www.alsa-project.org/ - this is really greatest
sound-driver for Linux. I use it with my YMF719 without any problems
(earlier I used normal Linux kernel drivers but with problems like yours).

Just download from ftp://ftp.alsa-project.org/pub sources of alsa-driver,
alsa-lib and alsa-utils, do "./configure ; make install" for all of them
and everything should work.

Good Luck!

--
|Leszek Gerwatowski|    _/_|_\