Re: C programing

On Tue, Oct 26, 1999 at 05:11:45PM +0000, John Carline wrote:
> "Ingles, Raymond" wrote:
>
> > > On Mon, Oct 25, 1999 at 10:07:28PM +0000, John Carline wrote:
> > [...]
> > > After spending the last two days trying to convert a C
> > > program I wrote some 6 years ago in microsoft C into linux. I
> > > just have to echo this question.
> >
> >  This sort of question pops up on the C newsgroups and mailing lists
> > a lot. There *is* no ANSI C way to, for example, clear the screen. The
> > DOS functions from "conio.h" are completely separate from the C standard.
> > (Indeed, they are heavily tied to real-mode 8086 and CGA/VGA graphics
> > and PC hardware, and often can't even be *emulated* well on other
> > hardware.)
>
> Yup! you've just described my plight. Naturally my code is *heavy*  in calls to
> "conio.h" and "graph.h".

For simple plotting to a window, be sure to look at libplot from the
plotutils package.  It is rather basic, but easy to use if all you need
is a simple plot.  As a bonus, it has the same interface for plotting to
a window as for plotting to postscript and various other file formats.
Plotutils has info documentation.

HTH,
Eric

--