How to install TTF fonts...

Update....

I got the GNOME problem fixed but I am still stuck w/o TT Fonts. I have
done the xfstt --sync and it found 198 fonts as I said before and I
added the line

FontPath "unix/:7101"

to my XF86Config file and still when I startx, I don't get the true type
fonts. I have tried adding the font folder to the xfs config file and
that does not work either (though it shouldn't because I did not have X
connect to xfs). Now, should I continue to try to get X to connect to
the xfstt server or just user the xfs server???

Also as someone pointed out I do not want messages forwarded to me but
rather CC'd because I do not have the time to subscribe and wade thru a
bunch of messages. Though I might subscribe later and not just squeeze
this list for everything it is worth like a 2 dollar hooker... Just
kidding.