Error using apt-get install

I messed something up but don't know how to fix it. I installed ntpdate,
then accidentally removed it, then tried to re-install it, and this is the
error I get:

update-rc.d: /etc/init.d/ntpdate: file does not exist
/var/lib/dpkg/info/ntpdate.postinst: /etc/init.d/ntpdate: No such file or
directory
dpkg: error processing ntpdate (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 127
 ntpdate
E: Sub-process returned an error code (1)

Thanks for any help.

--
David J. Kanter
djkanter@nwu.edu