Re: Just went tp potato

On Sun, Oct 24, 1999 at 09:28:44PM +0100, Patrick Kirk wrote:

> Just upgraded from slink to potato and seem to be having a few mail
> troubles.  How can I tell if exim is running?  It never shows up in pstree?

Telnet to port 25 on the local machine.  If you get a banner message
from Exim, it's running.  Have you updated your configuration file for
Exim version 3?  The maintainer scripts try to make the required changes
automatically, but it doesn't always work.  The changes should have
comments next to them.

How to telnet to a given port:

   telnet localhost 25

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/