Re: How do you start GNOME?

On Sun, 24 Oct 1999, Patrick Kirk wrote:

> Am I missing something obvious?  I just can't make out how to start
> GNOME?  I've always used KDE til now so would like to get GNOME to
> work for cpmaprison's sake.

There is no need to start gnome ...

you can start the panel, which uses gnome with 'panel'  or you start
the whole session management gnome-session.

I prefer for example only to use the panel (since my window manager is not
gnome compilant and I also don't like session managements) so I told fvwm
to start the panel when it starts.

Martin

--
If the box says 'Windows 95 or better', it should run on Linux, right?
                                                               - anonymous

For public PGP-key: finger mfluch@mathphys.fsk.uni-heidelberg.de