Re: adding win 95 partition

On 23/10/99 Kent West wrote:

Assuming you have an IDE drive, you're limited to a max of 4 partitions I believe, which may be causing your problem. If it's a SCSI drive, I think you can have 32
partitions so that's not an issue.

you can have 63 partitions on a IDE disk (i have 18 :-) ) the limit is you may only have 4 PRIMARY partitions which are bootable, one primary partition may be a extended partition which can contain many many partitions inside it.

SCSI disks I believe have the same primary partition limits as IDE (if you use the DOS partition table anyway) but SCSI disks are limited to 15 partitions total (primary and extended) at least in the linux kernel.

Best Regards,
Ethan Benson
To obtain my PGP key: http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/pgp/