Sed script

Hi

Not debian related but i need help nonetheless.

i need to extract the number 997841138254, or any other number from that
position, from an hl7 file.  The file will look like this :

MSH.......OBR|0001||997841138254|..........F

I can use "OBR" as the starting point of the search and then use the "|" to
move to the begginning of the number...

What would be the best way of doing this.. maybe i can use a vi script to
search and extract the number for me.  I don't know how to select a segment
of a line and write that to a file though.. i am not too familiar with sed
although i would like to be as it seems rather powerful :)  Any suggestions
would be appreciated.

thanx