Re: LILO hangs on hard drive boot

:-> "Onno" == Onno  <ebbin200@tech.nhl.nl> writes:

    > At 01:39 PM 10/21/99 -0500, Steve Doerr wrote:
    >> I've got Linux on a secondary IDE hard drive(secondary master).
    >> When I set BIOS boot sequence to D:A:SCSI all I get is "LI" and
    >> the system hangs.  Any ideas?  Can I spiff up that boot record
    >> without messing anything up, or is LILO corrupted?  The system
    >> runs fine when I use a boot floppy.
    >> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    > My advice for you is, try:

    > disk=/dev/hdb
    > <tab>bios=0x80
    > disk=/dev/hda
    > <tab>bios=0x81

    > at the top of your lilo.conf and run lilo.

If the drive that Steve wants to use is the master on the secondary controller
then he should write

disk=/dev/hdc
 bios=0x80
(etc....)

Pf

 Pierfrancesco Caci  | mailto:p.caci@flashnet.it - http://gusp.infogroup.it
       ik5pvx        |         http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/8999
  Firenze - Italia   | Office for the Complication of Otherwise Simple Affairs
     Linux penny 2.2.13 #1 Wed Oct 20 12:26:42 CEST 1999 i686 unknown