Re: ensonique?

Charles Lewis wrote:

> I have an an ensonique 1371, and it works good. I had to enable it (as a
> module) in the kernel (2.2), and add 'es1371' to /etc/modules so that it
> loads on bootup, but haven't had any problems so far except that I can't
> figure out how to get rid of some random DMA timeouts.

> Charles Lewis, Director of Administrative Computing
> Southwestern Adventist University, Keene, TX
> (817)556-4720  lewisc@swau.edu  FAX (360)397-7952

Charles,

You could try persistent dma buffering.

Add the line

options sound dmabuf=1

under the section

### update-modules: start processing /etc/modutils/modconf

in the file /etc/conf.modules (name recently changed to modules.conf in potato).
Running modconf will sometimes lose this change so read the top of the file for
details on how to make the changes permanent.

Jonathan.