Re: Debian and Microsoft proxy

No, the M$ proxy server is not capable of ip masq, at least not in the linux sense of ip masq.
As you've noticed, using the M$ proxy requires their own proprietary client software
(suprised?). M$ does not release specs of how to talk to their proxy server.

That said, I can assure you that the M$ proxy server does support socks4 protocol. This must be
enabled by your systems administrator. Once this is done you can install the socks4-client
package. This package includes a runsocks script which you can use to run basically any program
'socksified'. This will work (I myself have a debian machine which accesses the net through M$
proxy server).

--
Jens B. Jorgensen
jjorgens@bdsinc.com