Re: small dselect question

Hi. If I just want to install 1 program from dselect, would I want to go
through and put an = sign by the programs that are currently installed so
it doesn't have to go through all the files when installing? I hope this
question makes sense.

If you know exactly where the .deb package is, you can skip making it have to go through all the programs....Go to the directory where the .deb file is, and type:

dpkg -i debianpackagefilename.deb

and it should install the package. If it comes up with errors, then I reccmmend using dselect, otherwise, it should be fine.

HTH,
Brant