Re: Trident T 9750 2 MB AGP Card

ravikant@giasmda.vsnl.net.in wrote:
>'Allo there, has anyone successfully configured the Trident T 9750 2 MB

My 9750 claims to have 4MB, but I trust this makes little or no difference.

>AGP Card under Debian ? I've tried all that I can , and I still cant
>achieve anything worth looking at...and would appreciate any help/guidance

It depends on what version of the SVGA X server you are running. With 3.3.5
(the latest version in unstable) I can only get it to work in 16bpp and with
acceleration turned off; this is acceptable for me. With 3.3.4 (the previous
version in unstable) it worked in all bit depths, but again only with
acceleration turned off. It is reported to work properly with acceleration
turn on with 3.3.3.1, but it's unlikely you would be able to find a .deb
for that version anymore.

I can't say how it works with the older version shipped with Debian 2.1.

To turn off acceleration you would add the line

	Option "noaccel"

to the "Device" section in /etc/X11/XF86Config. You can also add the same
line to the extra options box in XF86Setup (if you can get it to work).

Problems with this card have been reported upstream and hopefully we'll see
a working server for it before the next stable release.

Frank