Re: /dev/audio

    Mary>   Sorry, I should have said that I tried 'fuser' and got no output.
    Mary> Something must be runnning, since I'm getting an error msg, however, I
    Mary> can't figure out what.

I had this problem with an ESS PnP card, ie. no apparent reason for

	"unable to open /dev/audio.  Device or resource busy."

I solved it using isapnptools and information on devices from windows. This may be
a solution to your problem.

Jord
--
Jordan Howarth					mailto:jordan.howarth@cmis.csiro.au
CSIRO Mathematical and Information Sciences	Ph:  (07) 3214 2465