Re: your mail

jh said:
> Hi. At the command line, how do I keep a message from scrolling so fast and
> missing it? Something like dos "/p"?

By using a pager such as more.  (There are others out there.  I usually use
less and there's also one I haven't gotten around to trying named most.)  If
you're just reading a text file, `more <filename>` is all you have to do.
To page through the output of a command is a little longer:
`<command> | more`.

> Also, is there a keyboard combination that will re-enter the last command?
> Like dos F3?

You can use the up and down arrows to scroll through your command history.