Re: turning your computer off

jh wrote:

> Is there a best way to shut down linux and turn off your computer? I read
> this and I later turn my computer on it says "last boot failed"...Then it
> installs. Is this the recommended way to turn off your computer?

	You can use shutdown as others have suggested, but frankly, the
simplest thing to do is to use Ctrl-Alt-Del and wait untill the shutdown
process is complete.  When you notice the hardware reset has occured
(screen clears and shows BIOS message and/or your monitor cycles on, off
and on again), then turn the machine off.  It only takes a few seconds
of waiting.

--
Ed C.