Re: scrolls too fast

Hi,

I also posted a reply to your CDROM problem, to get you a little
further, but it has not shown up yet.

Anyway use the "more" command followed by the file name.  This
will not help you with "dmesg" though, unless you output it to
a file, or pipe the output directly to "more"...

more foo.txt

would display the file "foo.txt", one page at a time, using space
bar to advance to next page.

dmesg > foo.txt

would put the output from dmesg into foo.txt

dmesg | more

would take the output of "dmesg" and pipe it directly into "more"

Be careful with typos until you know what you are doing.  The
"rm" command is like "del".  The "mv" command is line "rename",
and the "cp" is like "copy".

To shutdown your system properly, execute "shutdown -h now" as
root, and WAIT until it displays "system halted".  Failure to
do so can corrupt your disk, as the kernel caches disk writes.

Important log files are in the /var/log directory.  I think
"dmesg" just prints out the syslog file.

Also if you want to use the floppy, you can't just switch floppies
without unmounting them, keep that in mind for later.

John