Re: looking before I leap (bye gnome!)

Hello,

What the heck is the big deal about gnome anyway?

I have only seen the gnome that comes on the Debian 2.1 CD, I
have not seen later versions.  I believe gnome is in its infancy
stage at present.  From what I have read about it on the web, the
big deal appears to be that a "full set" of applications will be
delivered that supply the general computing needs of the public.
And of course these will be provided FREE OF CHARGE!

It's underlying architecture is somewhat brand new, but I am very
impressed with the goals and the technical accomplishments of it
so far.  I have been trying to get binaries of new(er) gnome
pieces running on my (slink and 2.0.36) system, but have not yet.

I am not sure I "love" the gtk widget set (yet) but I have not
played around with development with it.

As far as your other question, I have removed and reinstalled
gnome MANY times on my system with no illness to my system.

John (In no way connected to the gnome project)