RE: security flaws in proftpd/wuftpd ?

Actually, .t has been mentioned in Debian Weekly News.

Proftpd seems like it was designed with security in mind,
much more so than wu-ftpd.  Do you remember the date of that post
that discussed the design flaws?  I'd like to read it.

proftpd just switched primary developers.  As such, it's
receiving a major over-haul.  Now they're trying to shake the last of
the bugs out for 1.2.0.  That's where all those proftpd-1.2.0preX
versions are comming from.

offtopic: One of the hols that was fixed a few weeks back stemmed
from the fact that something like this happened:
        strncpy(acharbuffer, userinput, X)
which supposedly led to a buffer overflow.  Could someone explain
how a buffer overflow could happen with strNcpy?   I thought using
strNcpy pretty much stopped buffer overflows cold.

Thanks,
        Bryan