passing parameters to a SSI in apache

How can I pass parameters to an SSI (server-side include)?

I invoke the SSI file from a server-parsed html file:

test.shtml:

<--#exec cmd="cginame" -->

What I would like to be able to do is to either to set environment
variables for the cgi invoked, or set command line parameters for  it.

I cannot give command line parameters in the cmd attribute since it  is
used by suexec to stat() the file, and  of course it cannot find a file
since it tries to stat() a file named "cginame parameters".

Please help,

Robert Varga