Re: can't get lm-sensors-source to compile

On Fri, 15 Oct 1999, eric a . Farris wrote:

> After installing the lm-sensors-source package on my potato system,
> cd-ing to /usr/src/modules/lm-sensors , and running 'make all' as root,
> the system goes along fine for a while, compiling, and then stops with
> this error:
>
> gcc  -o prog/dump/isadump prog/dump/isadump.ro
> prog/dump/isadump.ro: In function `main':
> prog/dump/isadump.ro(.text+0x395): undefined reference to `outb'
> prog/dump/isadump.ro(.text+0x3a5): undefined reference to `inb'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [prog/dump/isadump] Error 1
>
> which appears to me to be an error in the source code, which also means
> it's quite beyond my powers to fix, or even investigate thoroughly. can
> anyone shed some light into this?
>

>From /usr/include/asm/io.h ...

/*
 * This file contains the definitions for the x86 IO instructions
 * inb/inw/inl/outb/outw/outl and the "string versions" of the same
 * (insb/insw/insl/outsb/outsw/outsl). You can also use "pausing"
 * versions of the single-IO instructions (inb_p/inw_p/..).
 *

Make sure you have libc6-dev installed

George Bonser

"When someone annoys you, it takes 32 muscles to frown, but it only
takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and smack them in the head."