Need SCSI Tape Help

Hi all!

I'm using slink with an SMP kernel (2.0.36) on a dual Pentium Pro 200 with
256M RAM. The HD setup is a pair of 4 GB Seagate Barracudas on an Adaptec
2940UW along with an SCSI CDROM and a Tandberg 4222 tape drive. I've got a
really sweet server here except that I just noticed there are no /dev/st*
for the tape drive. Anyone know at what point during the installation these
get created? I've got another machine here with an SCSI tape with lots of
/dev/st*. I'd sure hate to mknod 'em all by hand on the new beast.

Thanks....