Re: How to read the result of inittab

On Thu, 14 Oct 1999, Mickael Vera wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm still looking for reading the results of inittab.
> Redirection of the output to a file is not a solution
> as the root partition is mounted read-only when it
> executes.
>
> My problem is that there are not enough lines on the console,
> is it possible to scroll back on the console, or to
> make the boot processus make a pause ?

Add a sleep comand to the /etc/init.d/rc script, somthing like this:

startup() {
  case "$1" in
        *.sh)
                $debug sh "$@"
                ;;
        *)
                $debug "$@"
                ;;
  esac

  sleep 1
}

> Some errors appear at boot time but it is not a solution
> to boot until I can read all the message :-)
>
> What is the solution ?

Martin

--
If the box says 'Windows 95 or better', it should run on Linux, right?
                                                               - anonymous

For public PGP-key: finger mfluch@mathphys.fsk.uni-heidelberg.de