Re: tiresome mail questions.

On Mon, Oct 11, 1999 at 01:41:58PM +0300, tf wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I've saved some up for ya.
>
> Ok, if I wanted to tell netscape mail to use this machine for a smtp
> server, how would I write the line? Instead of smtp.isp.com, what would
> it be? (I have exim)

Just use localhost as your smtp server then :)

> someone posted somthing about getting a pop server, too, but I'm not
> clear on that, either.  I only have a dial up account...
>
> I'm thoroughly dissatisfied with mail as I'm using it, with netscape and
> xfmail (each for a different account, with different servers).

If you use exim in default configuration you can simply install any pop3
server (like the qpopper package). You may want to use imap instead of pop to
access it with both mailers? And, if you have different account and want to be
able to get both of them with only one client you should probably use
fetchmail (I think netscape has support for querying multiple servers though).

Netscape mail is not all that bad, in fact its my favorite mail client when im
forced under windows. I dont know about xfmail but Ive already heard many good
comments too. Of course you can always try mutt :-)

I'm sure you'll find a client just fit for you if you try a few ones...

-Lex