How to make custom HTML tags for asWedit?

I need to be able to make customized HTML tags in asWedit. or Netscape
Composer, or CoffeeCan HTML Editor++. Any suggestions, or other progs
that will allow this? This is something that I was able to do with
HotDog in the Windows World. I am trying to avoid using any thing to
manage my site that requires MS products. I can add code snippets in
CoffeeCan but they are not usable as "tags" only as code inserts.
Thanks.
--
John Foster
AdVance-Computing Systems