Re: satan - other scanners

"Salman Ahmed" <ssahmed@interlog.com> writes:

> Is a Debian package (stable or unstable) available for portsentry ? I
> haven't been able to find one as yet.

Someone is packaging it (for potato); check the debian-devel archive
if you want to know who that is (I don't remember);  I've been using
port sentry for many months on debian slink and potato systems,
without having packaged them -- it can be installed pretty cleanly
into /usr/local/etc ... as distributed.

(Yes, I too am looking forward to a packaged version, but just because
I'm tired of keeping track of whether the upstream source has been
updated (and have been too lazy to set up an automated check.))