Re: smail misconfigured?

Markus Reuscher wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I want to receive mails on my server with the addresse
> markus@htu.at. When I send mails to markus@www.htu.at
> or to markus@www.htu.tuwien.ac.at everything is allright.
> But when I send mails to markus@htu.at I get this
> reply:

> ... while talking to ns.node.at.:
> <<< 550 <markus@htu.at>... User unknown
> 550 <markus@htu.at>... User unknown
>
> 'markus' exists as user on this machine. What must I
> write in the config file to be able to receive mails
> on all 3 domain names?
> This is a cut from my smail/config:

Its not totally a matter of config for smail. DNS also needs to be set
up. You need to contact whomever administers DNS for the htu.at domain
and ask them to put in a mail exchange line for the domain htu.at. This
will only work if the htu.at domain belongs to you. Meaning no one else
but you can use the htu.at domain with their computers.

Hope this helps,

--
Paul Miller
pmiller@jove.acs.unt.edu

Where do all the bits go when the computer is done with them?