gnome removal, and mcedit

hey guys,

I want mcedit back, and decided to experiment.  If I reinstall midnight
commander:

apt-get install mc
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  task-gnome-desktop task-gnome-apps gmc task-gnome-net task-gnome-wm
  mc
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 5 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
Need to get 455kB of archives. After unpacking 1522kB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n

I also get rid of the gnome stuff (and it looks like all of the gnome
stuff) that I installed.  This is a cool thing.  is there anything wrong
with killing two birds with one stone this way?
--

-tf