SCSI problem

I am trying to install Debian on an old machine (Pentium) but the
installation stops after detecting the SCSI hardrive. I have searched the
old messages on Debian and found differing views as to what one should do
to get it to install.

I was wondering if the final solution has been found? The problem is
clearly that the Debian rescue disk does not have drivers for the Adaptec
SCSI or that it has too many drivers that confuse it. Is there are a place
where one can get the rescue disk with Adaptec AHA-294X SCSI drivers only?

Daniel J. Mashao
Electrical Engineering                          daniel@eng.uct.ac.za
University of Cape Town	       	            http://www.ee.uct.ac.za/~daniel
Rondebosch, 7700, S. Africa         (w) 27+21+650 2816  (h) 27+21+705 8469