Re: /dev/lp0 quit after kernel "modulized"...

> Mirek:
>
> > Hmm, it not a problem. Add alias:
> >
> >    alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
> >
> > and all is fine:
>

> I tried that (by adding that line to /etc/modutils/aliases - correct
> way?)...

That's part of the correct way - you need to run /sbin/update-modules to
re-generate /etc/conf.modules (which is the config file use by modprobe).
After that it should work.

> didn't change anything... Can the parallel port be used as a module for
> printing?

Yes - I do.

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch@creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein