I had a number of questions I have pondered all week, and thought
perhaps someone might know the answer.  Any help is most
apprieciated.

#1  After upgrading my slink box to potato a week or 2 ago,
I started getting the following error every time I install a
new package using apt-get.  It occurs during the unpacking/
configuration stage, and does not seem to hurt anything, but
if it can be fixed easily, I would sure like to.  The error is

Cannot find termcap: Can't find a valid termcap file at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.005/Term/ReadLine.pm line 305

I believe I read somewhere that termcap is not usually used
anymore in favor of ncurses instead?  Could this be related
somehow?

#2 I saw several messages refer to newer source/etc for
Pine, I am running 3.96 but if 4.xx is floating around out
there somewhere, could someone point me in the right direction
to find it?  Sounds like it adds some interesting new
features, etc.

#3 Not really a question, more of an observation.  I watched
the thread on procps and bsdutils, regarding the cross
inclusion of /bin/kill, and I noticed that in the latest version
of one of them, kill was removed and replaced with skill.  This
is find and good, because I can now use the built in kill command
in bash for various things, but I did have to fix the poff script
for ppp, because it broke when /bin/kill because /bin/skill.
Just in case anyone else had the same problem and did not know
how to fix it.

#4 One last question, for anyone that uses Tin/Rtin.  I have no
problems reading newsgroups, etc, and never had problems posting
to the newsgroups on other machines where I did not set it up.

However, on my own box, I can't seem to get it to post.  It's set
to use it's own internal inews, and I set all the options I thought
were needed (email address, etc), but when I go to post I get the
following message:

Invalid Sender: root (root@)

I created several user accounts, and got the same result from
them.  I checked all the normal places in /etc, /etc/tin, etc
but everything looks right.  The docs for Tin don't go into much
depth with inews, and the inews man page is really designed for
running inews externally, which I really didn't plan on doing,
since I am just accessing a remote NNTP server, just for my
own reading.

In any case, if anyone can help with any of these, it would
be great, and thanks in advance!

Todd