Re: Using linux 2.2.x with Debian 2.1

Myself, I have a pure Slink installation, being a newbie. I'm currently running
2.2.10 kernel for plug&pray and sound. I also use 2.3.18 kernels on boot
floppies for experimenting with USB with few problems. The only problem I've
actually had with the 2.3.x kernels is my sound doesn't seem to work, but I'm
sure I've overlooked something. As far as the differences between Debian 2.1 and
the kernel versions, I'm no expert, but like I said, I've had no problems
running 2.2.10 or 2.3.18 kernels with Debian 2.1. Right now I'm waiting for 2.2
to freeze before I upgrade. After that I'll probably try to use a 2.3.x kernel
again.

This is just my personal experiences. YMMV.

Cheers,

     John Gay