Re: gdm locks me out!!!

... The reason why I could not remote login
was that only ssh sessions are allowed.
I now managed to connect, and unlock the
machine. So, what happens is the following:
after gdm takes control, the keyboard somehow
freezes and no login is possible. In order to
unlock it, I have to remote login (ssh) and
kill the second gdm. Then gdm resets, and this
time the login is possible. Note that if I kill
the first gdm, then it is gdm itself that freezes,
together with the whole machine.

Then the question here is, why and what should
I do in order to avoid this problem.

The other question is this. After creating a new
user, and logging in with its name, gnome triggers
enlightenment, and an initial setting is stored
in the directory. At that point, no xterm can be
opened, and the session itself can not be closed.
The .gnome-errors says that no pty are available
in order to open an xterm, and the previous code
reports several errors when attempting to create
directories and files. The home dir has the followig
rights: drwxr-sr-x.

Sergio
:w
!