Re: Cannot convert string ... to type FontStruct

On 10 Oct 1999, David Coe wrote:

> Micha Feigin <michf@math.tau.ac.il> writes:
>
> > I get n error with several programs under linux (mostly xemacs21
> > recently) sayying that it can't convert string to type fontstruct. for
> > example:
> > Warning: Cannot convert string "-ttf-web hebrew
> > monospace-medium-r-normal-regular-*-160-75-75-m-*-iso8859-1" to type
> > FontStruct
>
> Last I heard (a week ago?) xemacs21 was still not working in a lot of
> ways (don't mean to cast aspersions; you can browse the debian-devel
> archive if you want to see specifics, and/or check out the bugs list).
> xemacs20 will probably make you a lot happier for now.
>
> Is this error occurring for anything other than xemacs21?

As far as I remeber It apeared someware else, but I don't remeber where,
and I havn't run into the warnning lately on anything else.
The thing is that it works with some fonts and not with others.
xfstt and xfs are running fine because some of the other programs access
the fonts.
BTW, I didn't see the warning on other progrms latley, but also other
progs give me trouble using some of the fonts, although its not constant
betwin progs which fonts make trouble