Re: I suspect the kernel: `ping', and name resolution in general, hangs

Greetings all,
I just installed a potato box via the usuall minimal slink then point
apt at potato scenario. I experienced the same problem reported in this
thread, namely no name resolution but IP worked just fine.

I finally was able to fix it by changing /etc/init.d/network
the gateway was left unspecified so I changed it to XXX.XXX.XXX.1
where the X's represent your IP subnet. I don't know if this was the
whole problem but name resolution started working after I made this
change. HTH
--

Frisco Rose	rosef@eou.edu

Science Journal Ed. 		scijou@scijou.eou.edu