Re: APT strangeness

Peter,

I had this same thing happen to me, so I dug into it a bit and this
is what I found.  Lynx-ssl depends on the slang1 library being below
versin 1.3.1 I believe, and since dist-upgrade trys to intelligently
handle dependancies, etc, since you installed a version of slang1 that
was higher than the version lynx-ssl needed to run, it marked the package
for un-installation.  I believe if you check the other packages that were
removed they would have a similar dependancy on slang1 or some other
program that was upgraded that the packages listed for removal
depended on being a lower version number.

In my case, since I use lynx-ssl quite a bit I had to downgrade slang1
to the previous version.

Regards,

Todd