Re: telnet banner

On Fri, Oct 08, 1999 at 04:07:53PM -0600, Luis Gustavo Madrigal Salazar wrote:
> How can I set my linux to display a banner before it prompts for login?
> I can do it in solaris by editing /etc/default/telnetd

/etc/issue is the banner for console logins, /etc/issue.net is the banner
for telnet connections.

I recommend that you _not_ include your OS in the issue.net, though with
nmap and queso that's getting to be a moot point security wise.

jpb
--
Joe Block <jpb@creol.ucf.edu>
CREOL System Administrator

Social graces are the packet headers of everyday life.