exim-doc: /usr/bin/texi2dvi: tex exited with bad status, quitting.

texi2dvi can not handle exim-doc. Can you advise ?

Package: exim-doc
Version: 3.00-2
Severity: normal

Attached output of
1) exim.log
2) texi2dvi --debug exim.texi

- -- System Information
Debian Release: potato
Kernel Version: Linux rakefet 2.0.36 #2 Sun Feb 21 15:55:27 EST 1999 i586
unknown

------- End of Forwarded Message

This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (Web2C 7.3.1) (format=tex 1999.9.29)  7 OCT 1999 23:08
**/tmp/exim.texi
(/tmp/exim.texi
! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.29 Node: Top^^?
                 117
? q
OK, entering \batchmode...
! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.30 Node: Introduction^^?
                          3521
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.31 Node: Web site and Mailing list^^?
                                       6029
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.32 Node: Availability^^?
                          7385
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.33 Node: Limitations^^?
                         9523
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.34 Node: Features^^?
                      11312
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.35 Node: Support for IPv6^^?
                              15832
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.36 Node: Calling interface^^?
                               16771
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.37 Node: Terminology^^?
                         18439
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.38 Node: Incorporated code^^?
                               20927
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.39 Node: How Exim delivers mail^^?
                                    24338
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.40 Node: Philosophy^^?
                        24639
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.41 Node: Message reception^^?
                               25233
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.42 Node: Life of a message^^?
                               29035
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.43 Node: Drivers^^?
                     31562
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.44 Node: Delivery in detail^^?
                                35193
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.45 Node: Temporary delivery failures^^?
                                         43686
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.46 Node: Building and installing Exim^^?
                                          45505
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.47 Node: Unpacking^^?
                       46220
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.48 ...ine architectures and operating systems^^?
                                                  47443
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.49 Node: DBM libraries^^?
                           48267
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.50 Node: Pre-building configuration^^?
                                        50865
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.51 Node: Use of tcpwrappers^^?
                                52817
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.52 Node: Including support for IPv6^^?
                                        54105
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.53 Node: The building process^^?
                                  54599
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.54 ... Overriding build-time options for Exim^^?
                                                  55973
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.55 Node: OS-specific header files^^?
                                      61904
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.56 ...ding build-time options for the monitor^^?
                                                  62475
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.57 Node: Installing commands and scripts^^?
                                             63435
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.58 Node: Installing info documentation^^?
                                           65611
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.59 Node: Setting up the spool directory^^?
                                            66327
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.60 Node: Testing^^?
                     66803
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.61 Node: Switching Exim on^^?
                               69806
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.62 Node: Exim on heavily loaded hosts^^?
                                          70446
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.63 Node: Stopping Exim on Solaris 2^^?
                                        71005
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.64 Node: The Exim command line^^?
                                   72240
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.65 Node: Setting options by program name^^?
                                             72950
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.66 Node: Trusted and admin users^^?
                                     74444
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.67 Node: Command line options^^?
                                  76468
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.68 Node: -<hyphen>^^?
                       77966
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.69 Node: -bd^^?
                 78453
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.70 Node: -bF <filename>^^?
                            80225
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.71 Node: -bf <filename>^^?
                            80561
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.72 Node: -bh <IP address>^^?
                              82229
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.73 Node: -bi^^?
                 83071
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.74 Node: -bm^^?
                 83971
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.75 Node: -bp^^?
                 85277
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.76 Node: -bpa^^?
                  86823
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.77 Node: -bpr^^?
                  87180
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.78 Node: -bpra^^?
                   87576
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.79 Node: -bpru^^?
                   87741
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.80 Node: -bpu^^?
                  87906
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.81 Node: -bP^^?
                 88279
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.82 Node: -brt^^?
                  89675
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.83 Node: -brw^^?
                  90694
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.84 Node: -bS^^?
                 91149
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.85 Node: -bs^^?
                 92425
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.86 Node: -bt^^?
                 93372
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.87 Node: -bV^^?
                 94434
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.88 Node: -bv^^?
                 94659
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.89 Node: -bvs^^?
                  96187
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.90 Node: -C <filename>^^?
                           96468
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.91 Node: -D<macro>=<value>^^?
                               97396
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.92 Node: -d<number>^^?
                        97901
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.93 Node: -df^^?
                 98541
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.94 Node: -dm^^?
                 98926
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.95 Node: -dropcr^^?
                     99155
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.96 Node: -E^^?
                99730
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.97 Node: -ex^^?
                 100361
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.98 Node: -F <string>^^?
                         100760
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.99 Node: -f <address>^^?
                          101234
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.100 Node: -h <number>^^?
                          102558
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.101 Node: -i^^?
                 102871
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.102 Node: -M^^?
                 103241
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
                                                  103938
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.104 ...stname> <sequence number> <message id>^^?
                                                  104528
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.105 Node: -MCQ <process id>^^?
                                105223
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.106 Node: -MCS^^?
                   105648
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.107 Node: -Mc^^?
                  106004
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.108 Node: -Meb <message id>^^?
                                106567
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.109 Node: -Mes <message id> <address>^^?
                                          107492
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.110 Node: -Mf^^?
                  108088
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.111 Node: -Mg^^?
                  108620
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.112 Node: -Mmad <message id>^^?
                                 109052
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
                                                  109492
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.114 Node: -Mrm^^?
                   110032
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.115 Node: -Mt^^?
                  110498
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.116 Node: -Mvb <message id>^^?
                                110884
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.117 Node: -Mvh <message id>^^?
                                111177
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.118 Node: -Mvl <message id>^^?
                                111487
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.119 Node: -m^^?
                 111774
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.120 Node: -N^^?
                 111992
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.121 Node: -oA <file name>^^?
                              112701
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.122 Node: -oB <n>^^?
                      113005
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.123 Node: -odb^^?
                   113353
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.124 Node: -odf^^?
                   113907
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.125 Node: -odi^^?
                   114496
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.126 Node: -odq^^?
                   114695
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.127 Node: -odqr^^?
                    115197
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.128 Node: -odqs^^?
                    115755
A funny symbol that I can't read has just been input.
Continue, and I'll forget that it ever happened.

! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.129 Node: -oee^^?
                   116507
(That makes 100 errors; please try again.)
No pages of output.
+ echo exim.texi
+ egrep '^(/|[A-z]:/)'
+ command_line_filename=./exim.texi
+ test '!' -r ./exim.texi
++ sed 's!/[^/]*$!!;s!^$!.!'
++ echo ./exim.texi
+ filename_dir=.
++ cd .
++ pwd
+ filename_dir=/tmp
++ basename ./exim.texi
+ filename_ext=exim.texi
++ echo exim.texi
++ sed 's/\.[^.]*$//'
+ filename_noext=exim
++ echo exim.texi
++ sed 's/^.*\.//'
+ ext=texi
+ tmpdir_src=/tmp/t2d31905/src
+ filename_src=/tmp/t2d31905/src/exim.texi
+ tmpdir_xtr=/tmp/t2d31905/xtr
+ filename_xtr=/tmp/t2d31905/xtr/exim.texi
+ tmpdir_bak=/tmp/t2d31905/bak
+ mkdir /tmp/t2d31905/src /tmp/t2d31905/xtr /tmp/t2d31905/bak
+ common=.:/tmp:/tmp::
+ TEXINPUTS=.:/tmp:/tmp::
+ INDEXSTYLE=.:/tmp:/tmp::
+ test -n ''
+ sed 1q ./exim.texi
+ fgrep 'input texinfo'
+ language=
+ bibtex=
+ texindex=texindex
+ test dvi = dvi
+ tex=tex
+ test '' = t
+ txiversion_tex=txiversion.tex
+ echo '\input texinfo.tex @bye'
++ cd /tmp/t2d31905
++ tex txiversion.tex
++ sed -n 's/^.*\[\(.*\)version \(....\)-\(..\)-\(..\).*$/txiformat=\1 txiversion="\2\3\4"/p'
+ eval txiformat= 'txiversion="19990925"'
++ txiformat=
++ txiversion=19990925
+ false 'texinfo.tex preloaded as `'\'', version is `19990925'\'' ...'
+ test 19990129 -le 19990925
+ makeinfo=
+ test '' = Texinfo
+ test -n ''
+ test 0 -ne 0
+ test '!' -r /tmp/t2d31905/src/exim.texi
+ false 'Reverting to ./exim.texi ...'
+ filename_input=/tmp/exim.texi
+ test -n ''
+ test '' = t
+ :
++ /tmp/t2d31905/utils/get_xref.sh exim
+ orig_xref_files=
+ test -n ''
+ test -n ''
++ echo ''
++ sed 's!.*\.aux!!g;
                        s!./exim\..o.!!g;
                        s/^[ ]*//;s/[ ]*$//'
+ index_files=
+ test -n texindex
+ test -n ''
+ false 'tex_args=\\nonstopmode\ \\input'
+ false 'Running  ...'
+ cmd=tex  /tmp/exim.texi
+ tex /tmp/exim.texi
This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (Web2C 7.3.1)
(/tmp/exim.texi
! Text line contains an invalid character.
l.29 Node: Top^^?
                 117
? q
OK, entering \batchmode+ echo '/usr/bin/texi2dvi: tex exited with bad status, quitting.'
/usr/bin/texi2dvi: tex exited with bad status, quitting.
+ echo '/usr/bin/texi2dvi: see exim.log for errors.'
/usr/bin/texi2dvi: see exim.log for errors.
+ test '' = t
+ exit 1